Published in October 2015 by Editions Weyrich, the meat-based recipe book “Sang recettes” by Michel Boreux takes a very authentic approach. The recipes in the book add to the pleasures of cooking and eating well. An ambassador for the region and the figurehead of Ardennaise gastronomy Michel Boreux combines potatoes with the delicious meat of which Ardennes’ farmers are so proud.
Beef works in all sorts of combinations and can be cooked in a wide range of different ways: grilled, to order, stewed, as carpaccio, tartare, confit… Here are 5 of his mouth-watering recipes!
- Arden’beef entrecote with garlic and herb sauce, carrots and dauphine potatoes
- the famous grilled “taverna” Arden’beef T-bone steak, tossed in kale with lardons, served with cornes de gattes potatoes in parsley
- fillet of Arden’beef with black pepper, bordelaise sauce and gratin dauphinois
- Arden’beef tournedos with smoked bacon, polenta cake with basil and tomato confit
- Barbecued Arden’beef with Maître d’hôtel butter
If you would like to post your own original recipes, please fill in the form on the right.